The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) in pursuance of its Social Investment programme in Education, which aims to promote academic excellence and enhance the employability of young Nigerians, invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerian Students admitted into Full Time academic studies in the 2020/2021session, to apply for its University Scholarship Scheme.
This merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award.
- National Merit Award (NM) – Open to all Nigerians
- Areas of Operation Merit Award – Open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers States
About Shell Nigeria
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employeesâ€™ ideas travel and come to fruition.
NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship
- OrganisationShell Nigeria
- Country to studyNigeria
- School to study–
- Course to studyNot specified
- Application DeadlineFebruary 3, 2023
Aim and Benefits of NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship
If selected for an award, you would be contacted by the SPDC Scholarship Team, and the terms and conditions of the award offer will be sent, along with the deadline for acceptance.
Requirements for NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Qualification
- Must be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Must be registered FULL TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria
- Must be in 200 Level (as at January 2023) or possess proof of admission into Undergraduate programme in the 2020/2021 academic session
- Must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity operating in the Oil and Gas Industry, National or International.
Interview date, Process and Venue for NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test
- Shell does not demand payment from applicants. The application is entirely FREE of charge
- Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/ ‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications
- Applications open on the 3rd January and closes 3rd February 2023
- Only successful candidates at each selection stage will be contacted
- Applications must be processed ONLY through the Shell Nigeria website
Documents Required for Application
- Ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents for upload:
a. Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
b. School ID card
c. University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission letter
f. JAMB Result
g. Letter of Identification from State (Showing Local Government of Origin)
h. Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
i. The Community Paramount Ruler; and
j. Applicants for the Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development Committee or Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
February 3, 2023
Read also: 500+ Nursing Jobs in USA Without IELTS
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Shell Nigeria on candidate.scholastica.ng to apply
- All applicants should have personal valid email account and phone number (for consistent
- All applications must be processed online, via the specified link above
- Applicants for the Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and The Chairman of the Community Development
- Committee or Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
- The letters should be addressed to: The Manager, Social Performance, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Shell), Shell Industrial Area, Port Harcourt, Rivers-State.
- P/S:Each document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG
To apply, follow these steps:
- Click on “Register” to create an account using your SPDC email address.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, educational information, bank account information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
- When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SPDC2023 to return to SPDC application site
- Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
Please, take note:
- pplicants are to download the GO Declaration form using the link: http://www.dragnetnigeria.com/doc/declaration.pdf after downloading and filling in the necessary details then upload on Scholastica under the document: SPDC GO Declaration Form
- Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents
- Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload